· 2014 MFA, Art (Drawing & Painting), University of Iowa, Iowa City.
· 2008 MFA, English & Creative Writing (Poetry), Iowa Writers’ Workshop, Iowa City, IA.
· 2011 BS, Art (Drawing & Painting), University of Wisconsin, Madison.
· 2006 BA, Languages and Cultures of Asia, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
· 2015 – Present Instructor, School of Visual Art, Virginia Tech University.
· 2011-2014 Instructor of Record, School of Art and Art History, University of Iowa.
· 2007-2008 Instructor of Record, Iowa Writers’ Workshop, University of Iowa.
· 2006-2007 Instructor, Continuing Education, University of Iowa.
· 2016 Kimmel Harding Nelson Visual Arts Residency, Nebraska City, NE.
· 2016 Virginia Tech Excellence in Teaching Faculty Award.
· 2016 Honorable Mention, Marshall University 5th Annual Juried Exhibition, Huntington, WV.
· 2014 a2ru Emerging Creatives Conference, Stanford University.
· 2013-2014 Mildred Pelzer Lynch Fellowship, University of Iowa.
· 2011-2013 Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Iowa.
· 2011-2012 Strategic Initiative Fund Scholarship, University of Iowa.
· 2010-2011 Lois G. Roberts Painting Scholarship, University of Wisconsin.
· 2008 Vermont Studio Center Poetry Residency, Full Fellowship, Johnson City, VT.
· 2007-2008 Teaching Writing Distinguished Fellow, Iowa Writers’ Workshop.
· 2006-2007 Maytag Distinguished Fellow, Iowa Writers’ Workshop.
· 2006 Chancellors' Academic Excellence Award, University of WI, Madison.
· Juried Exhibition 2016 |Pirate: Contemporary Art, Denver, CO
Juried Group Show, Juror: Dean Sobel, Director of Clyfford Still Museum.
· Sew & So, ArtSpace Gallery, Richmond, VA
[Collaboration with Simone Paterson and JenniferHand].
· 29th Annual McNeese Works on Paper Exhibition, Grand Gallery
McNeese State University, Lake Charles, LA,
[Juried Group Show, Juror: Brooke Davis Anderson: Executive Director of Prospect.3].
· Sew & So, Armory Gallery, VA Tech, Blacksburg, VA
[Collaboration with Simone Paterson and Jennifer Hand].
· Marshall University 5th Annual Juried Exhibition, Huntington, WV
[Juried Group Show, Juror: Geoffrey Fleming: Executive Director of the Huntington Museum of Art].
· INTERSTATE: Where I-90 meets I-82, Sarah Spurgeon Gallery, Belleview, WA
[Juried Group Show, Juror: Jennifer Navva Milliken: Curator of Craft at the Bellevue Arts Museum].
· Radius 2015, ArtSpace Gallery, Richmond, VA
[Juried Group Show, Juror: Amy Moorefield: Director of Exhibitions at the Taubman Museum of Art].
· Party Lines, New York Studio Gallery, New York, NY
[Collaborative Group Show; Catalogue Forward by Ann Pibal].
· ¿Qué hay Arriba? Galeria Jesús Gallardo, Guanajuato, Mexico
[Collaborative Group Show; an Exhibition in Two Parts, curated by Cosa Rapozo].
· Whats The Wave? Charles Ray Gallery, Iowa City, IA
[Collaborative Group Show; an Exhibition in Two Parts: curated by Kyle Peets].
· Present and Past, Project Art Space Gallery, Iowa City, IA
[Collaborative 2 person show with Daniel Stone].
· Hot Cashew On A Tin Roof, Thesis Exhibition, Levitt Gallery, Iowa City, IA
[MFA Thesis Exhibit; Solo].
· 2016 Presenter, College of Architecture and Urban Studies Research Symposium, VA Tech,
· “I Used To Know How To Make A Flower,” Better: Literature and Culture, Issue 6, 2015.
· “A Look At The Stunning, Disparate Performances Of ‘The Work Between’,” Co-authored with Brian
Prugh, Little Village Magazine, January, 2014.
· “The Twilight Zoo’,” Columbia: A Journal of Literature and Art, Fall 2007.
· “Autumn Poem’,” Alaska Quarterly Review, Spring 2006.